Tuesday, April 25, 2023

The Ideal Library

 



This library floor plan is based loosely on the Creek View elementary library.  However, after studying UDL design and ADA compliance, I wanted to make some changes!  

Since this is theoretical- the sky was the limit!  I added a computer lab, a giant maker's space table, different seating options, etc. I knew that furniture needed to be place at least 40 inches apart, to allow for wheelchair access.  Doorways and pathways should also be at least 36 inches wide.  The height of shelves are a consideration, as well as lighting and signage.  

To design and organize your own library would be quite the task, but it would be exciting! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    I like the layout that you came up with for your ideal library. I included many of the same things that you did but I realize that I forgot a Makerspace area! I like your blog; it is eye-catching and informative.

    ReplyDelete

The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya

  -from Penguin Random House This was a great book!  It is Realistic Fiction, and perfect for middle grade readers. It is set in sunny Flori...