Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Videos and QR codes in the Library


Scan the QR code for an Animoto Book Trailer for The Door of No Return by Kwame Alexander.

"An instant #1 New York Times Bestseller!

From the Newbery Medal and Coretta Scott King Award winning author Kwame Alexander, comes the first book in a searing, breathtaking trilogy that tells the story of a boy, a village, and the epic odyssey of an African family." - from the publisher
~~~~~~~

Using QR codes can really add depth the students' visits to their library!  I hope to attach QR codes on our "New Books" shelf, so students can view exciting book trailers about the new books and then make more informed choices about which books they want to check out. 

Also, I would like to add QR codes linked to "How to" videos around the library computers to help students understand and maximize their use of our online resources. 

~~~~~~
On "The Unquiet Library" YouTube channel, there is a wide variety of videos.  Some of the most helpful videos are the instructional tutorials, like the one below about Power Point that was made to help Senior students with their projects.


However, I'm sure my students would be even more interested in the videos like this next one, that includes music!  Kids LOVE music!  And what an incredibly cool idea- to invite music groups or clubs to use the library space! 


For the Pikesville High School library channel, there are a lot different videos too.  As a former AVID teacher, I loved seeing all of the AVID videos.  Some of the most helpful videos that they posted were about the advanced courses that the students could choose during registration.  Another great idea!  I want to share this video with our advanced teachers.  Parents and students have so many questions and worries about these courses; I think videos like these could be very helpful! 


No doubt- our students would LOVE to make and watch videos like this one! How fun! I want my students to view the library as a place to celebrate and enjoy each other!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! I think bringing local music groups or even student bands to the library is such an awesome idea. What a way to showcase student talent, and create a community environment. Kwame Alexander is one of my favorite YA authors, and I didn't know about this book. I'm going to be sure to check it out. Your blog is also bright and very inviting. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, for starters great book trailer! I absolutely love your idea of incorporating QR codes with links to book trailers to be added to your "New Books" display. This is such a great way to provide students with a preview of the books and help them make a more informed choice. Creating QR codes that link students to "How-To" videos for different sections within the library is also a great idea. Students can easily access help without needing to search for the librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michelle! I love your book trailer! Kwame Alexander is one of my favorites, but I'd never heard of this book. I will definitely be checking it out now! I had that same idea for QR codes and will get that started next year. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya

  -from Penguin Random House This was a great book!  It is Realistic Fiction, and perfect for middle grade readers. It is set in sunny Flori...